Monday 28 July 2014

Hummingbird Happiness

For my birthday a few months ago, my friend bought me a Hummingbird Bakery recipe book.



Almost 300 pages of yummy treats; cupcakes, cheesecakes, cookies, pies...

But the section that has captured my attention the most (so far!) is home to the huge, 3 layer mountains of goodness.

They are deeeeelicious, and have got me so many compliments from people! I've always loved baking, but had previously stuck mainly to the traditional Victoria Sponge and simple, iced cupcakes.

These are on a whole other level!

If I'm honest, they use far more ingredients (and therefore money) and take up much more time than I should probably have been spending on a lot of these, particularly since they were mostly made throughout revision time (oops!)


 But they are certainly worth it!



This is their Lemon Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting, probably my favourite


Chocolate Malt Cake with yummy fudge sauce in between the layers (as well as the cream cheese frosting, they don't do anything by halves!)


Cookies & Cream Cake


Mississippi Mud Cake, a little sickly I thought but others didn't think so!

I'm looking forward to my next baking day so I can try out another of their great recipes! Has anyone got any cake or biscuit recipes they think shouldn't be missed?!

N x

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try them, they're incredible! They don't put their recipes up online but either treat yourself to a book or I'm sure some people will have shared them on blogs! I made a couple of their cupcake recipes today and they are delicious!! Thanks for stopping by :) XX

      Delete
  2. OMG cookies & cream cake?! Looks and sounds amazing:)

    TEALINHEELS

    ReplyDelete

.widget {text-align: center;}